Instagram helps you find new fans and grow your fan base. With millions of monthly active users on Instagram, standing out from the crowd can be difficult. Here are a few tips for successfully promoting your music on Instagram.
Publish quality content consistently
Instagram’s algorithms prioritize regular content and engagement. If you post regularly, such as once a day and your fans like and comment on your photos, Instagram will prioritize your future posts to appear at the top of your followers’ feeds.
But the question is, how can you get more people involved with your post? Use longer captions – Encourage your followers to spend more time on your posts by writing slightly longer captions.
- Interactive Content – Ask questions and let your followers comment. Ask what you want to hear or see. Doing this will influence the algorithm in your favor and make your post more likely to appear on the explore page.
- Post quality content – We’ve heard the phrase “quality is better than content” a million times. Create media that makes you happy. Remember that your fans are following you to keep up with your music.
Interaction is key
This will take some time, but if you’re serious about growing your followers and increasing your count, you can’t ignore this step.
- Follow Accounts Like You – Browse different hashtags on Instagram to find other musicians who look like you. Follow them and comment on some of the pictures you like with the goal that they will do the same to you.
- Follow your followers – If you find a highly successful musician in the Instagram game, it goes without saying that you can’t piggyback on their followers. Someone who follows an account similar to yours might want to follow you too. Please like and comment on some of their photos too.
Don’t be afraid of hashtags
It’s perfectly normal to worry that using hashtags in Instagram captions might look a little spammy. However, you should not neglect the essential features of such apps. After all, they exist for a reason!
Instagram introduced a feature that allows people to follow hashtags. This means your posts may appear in the feeds of people who aren’t following you. So what’s the best way to use hashtags effectively? Here are some suggestions from a social media agency:
- Use the right amount of hashtags – Use hashtags in your Instagram caption, but you don’t always have to. Research suggests that 5-11 hashtags give you the highest engagement rates.
- Do Some tests – Check out the hashtags other successful musicians use on Instagram. If it doesn’t seem to work, you can try something new. Suggested tags are a great place to look for new ideas!
- Keep it short – Instead of using randomly selected hashtags, do research and select the most relevant and niche hashtags.
Don’t miss your Instagram Stories. A recent study found that 500 million people use Instagram Stories every day. To stay relevant, the story should be updated by him at least once a day and multiple times if possible.
- Posting covers and original songs – this is the most popular thing a musician does on his Instagram Stories.
- Conduct surveys – Asking your followers for their opinion makes them feel valued and encourages them to participate in your content.
- Create Questions and Answers – Another great feature of Instagram Stories is the Ask button. This allows your fans to ask questions and increase your engagement rate.
Follow these tips, and your numbers will grow organically on Instagram. With all this, it’s easy to get bogged down in numbers. Don’t ignore them, but it’s important to refocus on your intentions. Why do you want to grow your fan base? Because you love what you do and want it to be your job.